Monday, August 8, 2011

Lesson

Yesterday in sunday school we had such an amazing lesson, I always love President Uchtdorf's talks he is such a wonderful speaker.
The lesson was on patience and this is something I actively work on each day. The sister who was teaching said she was always taught not to ask for patience because the Lord will always bless you with something to need patience for. I thought this was funny because I pray multiple times a day sometimes to have patience with a variety of things, namely my precious little boy! But the Lord quickly prompts me to remember that sometimes an untidy house and child are ok when it means I have a happy little boy whose free to play and explore, even if that means messes for mommy to clean up.
I am not an eloquent speaker or writer so I will not even try but I encourage everyone to read or watch this talk it is so inspiring and I think a great reminder for each of us in this crazy fast pased world we live in.
http://lds.org/general-conference/2010/04/continue-in-patience?lang=eng&query=patience

1 comment:

Roger and Deborah Garner said...

I'm typing my mother's personal history for her and one of her regrets is not spending enough time with her children. I only mention this because I feel the same with my children. I wish I would have let the messes go and spent more time with my children. You can never turn back the clock and get those moments back. You are very wise, Diana!