Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Chick-fil-a at home

So I posted on facebook that I had made chick-fil-a sandwiches at home, I normally don't think people really care what I made for dinner but these were that good! So some of you Idaho-ans probably haven't had these, I think the restaurants are mostly in Arizona and they are becoming more popular in Utah now too. So give the recipe a try!
Ingredients:
4 chicken cutlets
1/3 c. dill pickle juice
1 chicken bouillon cube
1c. milk
1c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 c. oil
dill pickle chips and rolls for serving

They are super easy which I love,so I start with making really delicious rolls from Our Best Bites these are best because they are slightly sweet like Chick-fil-a buns. I half the recipe to make 12 because I don't want to have 24 rolls on my hands eventhough I'm sure we would eat all of them. If you simply can't make these rolls I think the King's hawaiian rolls might be a good substitute, they are sweet aswell.

So for the chichen you want a chicken cutlet, you can either buy them already cut, or just filet your own chicken breast. You want them to be about 1/2 inch thick and small enough to fit on your roll. Marinade the chicken in dill pickle juice for about an hour. Sounds funny but VERY important. I wanted to make this slightly healthier so I brought a pot of water to boil and added 1 chicken bouillon cube and cooked the chicken till just cooked through, you will be browning this so be careful not to over cook, I'd say about 5-10 minutes is plenty.

Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.

Take the chichen out of the water and pat it dry, pour milk in a bowl and flour in another,add salt to the flour and mix, dip chicken in milk then flour then milk and flour again. be sure not to get too much flour shake it well to remove excess.

Make sure the oil bubbles before putting the chicken in or it will get to greasy. Cook until golden brown on each side, put on a paper towel to catch any extra oil.

Serve chicken on a roll (you can lightly butter it if you want) with a couple of pickles, really that's all it needs, no mayo, or anything.

I know the instructions look long but it's SO easy! Craig said every time I make rolls we have to have these sandwiches for dinner, I love it when a new recipe turns out so great!

1 comment:

Camille Rogers said...

So going to try it!! Sounds SO YUMMY! I love Hayden's room! It is so adorable! Your sewing skills on the blessing dress are AMAZING! Hope this are going well!