I feel like every year I achieve a goal I didn't really know I had. This year I was able to really forgive the doctor who I had blamed up until a few months ago for Bailey passing away. It's amazing the weight we carry around without even realizing until we truely are able to let it go.
A few months ago in Sacrament meeting someone was giving a talk and told a story of a woman who was in labor but was in a hospital with a lot of infection so she needed some sort of surgery after she had the baby to help her not get the infection. She had the surgery but ended up getting the infection anyway and she died. The husband was obviously angry and blamed the doctor for what had happened. I can't remember the whole story but he ended up realizing that the Doctor had treated his wife just like he would have any other patient, he did exactly what he thought he should.
I realized this was the same in my situation, the doctor had done what he thought he should, he treated me like any other patient, whether I agree with what he did or not, he did what he thought was best.
No comments:
Post a Comment