The day Cooper turned 4 months old we put him in his crib, (he had been sleeping in our bed before) and he went right to sleep and started sleeping through the night from then on. It was so easy I just thought that's the way all my kids would be.
Well, having another child has shown me that all children are different! Hayden is 5 1/2 months now and was still in my bed and waking up every 3 hours. Needless to say I've been sleep deprived, and since there was no longer room for all three of us in our bed Craig was banished to the couch for the last couple of weeks. This has been far from ideal, but I was so turned off about the idea of just letting her cry it out in her crib we just kept up with the same routine.
And to be honest I really love having her with me, I love being able to wake up and watch her sleep, and listen to her little breaths reassuring me she was ok.
Well last night, at 2:09 in the morning, after we had each only had about an hour and a half of sleep, Craig and I decided enough was enough and our little Hayden was just going to have to cry it out. So she cried and cried, and surprisingly it only took 40 minutesand she was fast asleep! So I decided even if she woke up, I was going to leave her in there till 5:45 before I would feed her again, and she woke up right at 5:45, it was pretty funny.
It's so hard sometimes to know what's best for your little ones, but I felt like this was what was going to be best for her, and aslong as I'm consistant that she will be able to sleep on her own. And the whole family will be well rested!
No comments:
Post a Comment