Tuesday, October 6, 2009

CONFERENCE

This Conference weekend was so great, I have really noticed as I've gotten older how much it really means to me. I really appreciated all of the talks that were given, and I'm really really terrible with names or remembering all of the details, but I just feel so uplifted, and ready to conquer another 6 months till the next one. It's so interesting to me, how the leaders of the church are so inspired! I really felt like they touched so well of the terrible things that are going on in this world right now, but added that there is hope! We have the tools to safeguard our selves and our families, if we will just strive to use those tools everyday. I feel that it is so important to have the spirit in or home, especially with all of the junk I hear at work, it is so nice to come home to a peaceful place. It's so fun when Craig and I can watch it together, and make goals for us and for our little family, so that we can be good examples for little Cooper. I just loved one of the talks, and they talked about a woman who had died and picked the inscription for her headstone to say " Please no empty chairs" and I absolutely loved that! I thought, we need to strive to make it to the Celestial Kingdom, so that we can be with our sweet Bailey girl, because I know that she wants her whole family there with her again! I know that we are so blessed to have this gospel, and to have eternal families, and I don't know where I would be without that knowledge! If you didn't have the opportunity to watch it you should pick up a copy of the Ensign when it comes out for the Conference edition, it was very inspiring!

3 comments:

Camille Rogers said...

Amen! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings! I totally agree. "Please, No empty chairs."

Kami said...

I too am horrible remembering who talked on what. But I LOVED that saying for the inscription on the headstone because that is exactly how I feel as a parent. Thanks for sharing!

Roger and Deborah Garner said...

I have to dito what you said. I love listening to the prophets. I think of our family and how I want everyone to live the kind of lives that will allow us all to live together through out all eternity.