Thursday, July 12, 2012

We went to visit big sister Bailey on Sunday, Cooper brought her one of his cars.

Hayden was NOT feeling well, can you tell?


Cooper wanted to take a picture of mommy!



So on the way over to the cemetary Cooper said Mommy we need to go to the temple to see Bailey because she is with Jesus and Jesus is at the temple. So I had to explain that yes Bailey's and Jesus's spirits are at the temple but we are going to visit Bailey's body. He was not having it, he really wanted to go to the temple but since Hayden was not feeling well I didn't think going that far was a good idea. Once we got there he was excited as always to visit big sister. So once we established the the statue is not actually Bailey, he had all kinds of questions like where her body was(in the ground), why we can't see her (because she's in heaven), when she's coming back (after we die).

I know these talks and visits really help him to love his sister. I love how excited he gets to see her and that he knows so much about her. I'm so grateful our little family is eternal. It's amazing to me that most days I'm totally fine, there were times I never thought I'd be able to think about her without breaking down, but some days I still just really miss her.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Thank you so much for sharing your day. I love your talk with Cooper and the questions he asked. I'm so grateful for eternal families and that you are all part of mine!