So good news and bad new this month. . . Good new first. Cooper is doing great, they tested him for signs of autism and he was free and clear which is pretty obvious if you have met him. He is saying more words every day, for instance today he learned to say cracker, and brush teeth. It's so amazing how quickly he changes and learns! So bad news from the doc though, well not too bad, Coop is now in the 1% for his weight. So once again we are trying to get him healthier, not fat, just need a little wiggle room. It's so hard to hear that your child is not gaining weight, or not in the ideal place for their age. So I guess mom Garner had it right with all the butter on her veggies and everything, because that is what the doc told me to do haha. Just put a little butter on everything and alfredo sauce and all that yummy stuff that most adults try to avoid. So we'll see how it goes he needs to go back in a month for a weight check, but I'm sure he will be fine, he is just extremely active!
But as always Coop is just a great little kid and I couldn't ask for anything better! It's so nice to have a few sunny days lately, we love to walk to the park, or just around the neighborhood. It's so cute how curious Coop is, everything he sees he says "what's that?", and so I tell his then he sees something else that is interesting and asks again. There is some road work going on close to us and so there is a pile of rocks and Cooper tries to climb it, it's so funny, he thinks he's such a big kid!

3 comments:
Yes, Ty is in the 1 percentile as well for his weight. I don't think it's anything to worry about. If they're eating then they'll be fine. Plus, although Ty isn't gaining much weight, he isn't losing it either. At least they can eat all that yummy fatty stuff.
I agree with Lynne. But I know you probably can't help but worry anyway. You could try giving him some pediasure, chocolate flavor. My girls like those. They are full of vitamins and calories.
18 months... one word. Nursery! YES!!!
Eat that butter coop!:)
Post a Comment